Eligibility:There are no qualifying totals required to compete in Regionals this year!Open to all members of USA Powerlifting in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, New Mexico, Nevada and Utah.
Memberships can be purchased here:http://www.usapowerlifting.com/membership-application/
All 2018 Regionals will serve as an optional qualifier for 2018 Raw Nationals and 2019 Men’s and Women’s Open Nationals. The TOP 3 Male and Female finisher in ANY division in each region will automatically qualify for the respective National, regardless of total. All Regional Championships will be run with National meet standards including gear requirements, National level judges available for American records, technical secretary and a referee jury on the platform. This meet is intended to provide a National level experience for local lifters and prepare lifters for a National Level platform. For further clarification, please visit http://www.usapowerlifting.com/rules-bylaws
Registration: The Meet is Full!
email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the wait list.
USA Powerlifting Express Assumption of Risk, Release of Claims and Liability and Indemnity Agreement:All Lifters and Meet Participants, including Loaders, Spotters, Platform Workers, Coaches in the Warm Up Room and Referees must complete this form prior to weigh-in or the commencement of the event, whichever is applicable.
Note: All registered participants are subject to drug testing! We will test 10% of lifters.
Admission Spectators and Coaches: $10.00
- Pre Sale Admission Tickets
- Awards: Awards will be given to the top 5 places in each weight and age category. Best lifter awards will be awarded to the combined age categories Teen, Junior, Master, and Open for both raw and equipped where the division has at least 6 lifters registered. Championship Hotel:
- Mesa Marriott, 200 North Centennial Way, Mesa, AZ 85201
- Book your group rate for 2018 SOUTHWEST REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP August 9, Thursday – August 13, Sunday
- $79.00 per night 1 king or 2 doubles
Tentative Schedule of events:
1 Day, 2 Sessions, 2 Platforms
Check Ins August 10th Friday, 2:00pm – 7:30pm
August 11th Saturday, 6:00am – 1:00pm
Weigh Ins August 11th Morning Session 6:00am – 7:30am
Afternoon Session 12:00pm – 1:30pm
Miryam and Rodney Elm
Tel. 623.326.2933 Email: email@example.com
BATTLE OF THE REGIONS
Competitors at South West Regional Championships will be selected to compete at the 2019 Arnold Sports Festival, BATTLE OF THE REGIONS (replacing the Ohio Push-Pull on Sunday)
Each of the eight regions will be teamed up against each other as well as male and female for best lifter.
Selection: Invitation Only from all 2018 USA Powerlifting Regional events Format: Full Meet Division: Open = all approved equipment, including single-ply gear
Each Region Meet Director will nominate:
- Top 5 Open athletes (must include a minimum of 1 female)
- Nominated can include 2 National-level competitors who compete at Regionals as guests
- Super Regions (ie, Midwest/Central) will nominate a total of 10 athletes (5 from each region)
- Wildcard slots: 2 for Ohio residents
Battle of the Regions Scoring: Best Male & Female by Wilks Team Scoring: Wilks points for each team member will be added together for a team total.
Additional Regional Meet Information:
- Only state members within the Region can compete in their designated Regionals
- Regionals are recognized as a ‘National’ level meet, but state referees are allowed to sit as referees
- A Jury of National Referees and higher is mandatory
- American Records can be set at Regionals
- Regionals will serve as qualifiers for Raw Nationals and Open Nationals – only open and age divisions are allowed
- Top 3 placings in all divisions will automatically qualify for Nationals, regardless of whether they meet the qualifying total or not
- Top 5 winners from each division of the previous year’s Nationals can compete at Regionals only as a guest lifter in the division(s) that they medaled in. Competing as a guest lifter is not necessary if they want to compete in another division that they are currently eligible for
- To compete at a Regional meet, the lifter must have a current membership with USA Powerlifting a qualifying total is not required
State Co Chairs
Rodney & Miryam Elm firstname.lastname@example.org